HOLLA! OH HEY! #HI!
I just got home from work and I was thinking a lot on the way home (shocker). And although you didn’t ask for my advice can I give you some? Ok cool thanks. If you hated the finale, or hated parts of it, and if you’re still so heated and ripshit, what I’d like you to do — now hear me out — is step away from all things Scandal for the entire weekend. Yes, you heard me. The entire weekend.
I totally get ALL the different reactions to the finale but I was thinking specifically about the die-hard fans that are seriously pissed and disappointed. And you know what I realized/reminded myself? The cast and crew are happy as clams right now (are clams REALLY ever happy though? that’s another post I guess). Think about it. The cast and crew just had an EPIC press week, they had an EPIC finale night with the live table read and reception, and the ratings last night were AWESOME. They are at home loving life and planning their next project or vacation. Shonda is probably in her mansion planning her summer vaca while also working on Scandal and Grey’s next season. She’s probably dancing around and loving life. What are a lot of us doing? Obsessing about the finale. Wasting time and energy getting SO worked up about it (which, again, I understand). But guess what? I really don’t think any of the cast, crew, writers, etc., really care that some fans were unhappy with the finale — and I’m NOT saying it in a they-are-assholes kind of way. I’m seriously not. I think they are an extraordinary group of people. But I think at the end of the day it’s just their job, they LOVE their jobs, they LOVE their co-workers and it has been an INCREDIBLE year for all of them. OR if they do care I don’t think it’s really affecting them at all nor will it change how they move forward with the show/their work.
SO while I will be on this blog all weekend (because I’m OCD and will not be okay if I don’t post everything finale-related the weekend it should be updated) I hope you will step away from it. And from all things Scandal. It’s one thing to be here or on Twitter when your’e really loving it, or loving the discussion. But if you’re really pissed and disappointed? Go do what the Scandal cast and crew are doing — go love life. Some suggestions:
- go get ice cream. i don’t know why going to get ice cream is fun but it is
- go to a dog park. even if you don’t have a dog. dog’s are angels on earth and one of life’s greatest joys. if you don’t love dogs? you have bigger problems than the Scandal finale
- I was going to say go exercise but I don’t like to endorse exercise because I’m not a fan of it
- spend quality time with the family/husband/wife/gf/bf/kids/partner you neglected this season. you know you did. you know you neglected them.
- go to the movies. summer movies are usually light and fun
- catch up on the other shows you neglected this season
- catch up on new shows and/or do marathon of shows you love ie Friday Night Lights (EPIC television), Game of Thrones, Homeland, Parenthood, Happy Endings, Awkward, House of Cards, Dexter, FRIENDS MARATHON, etc.
- go outside. yes. yes leave your computer and/or iPad and/or phone and go outside.
- go for a drive with all your windows down and your favorite music blaring
- make fun of your friends to their faces. it never fails.
- bring a homeless person $20 and a meal
- go stalk the Divergent set in Chicago. apparently the sets are fucking awesome and apparently the book series has a cult following. the film is even looking for extras in Chicago
- GO SHOPPING! HOLLA!!!!
- go to Johnny Rockets
Ok that’s all I’ll suggest to you now. I hope you’ll at least try to step away from all things Scandal for the weekend (or for the entire summer?). I’d love to stay and chat but I have to go now because Johnny Rockets is at the door. XOXOXO